Sunday, March 25, 2012

Impromptu Dinner....

Tonight was leftover night at home. While Mr. M finished up some wings from last nights dinner out, I decided to get a bit creative with my meal...while sure the idea may not be original, the end result was delicious.
I used a bunch of things that I had in the fridge, freezer, and cabinet and came up with....

CHICKEN SAUSAGE RIGATONI. 
A blend of onions, broccoli, chicken Italian sausage, rigatoni, and spaghetti sauce.

I started with some chopped onions
(which I sauteed in a pan with non-stick cooking spray and PLENTY of spices, I used garlic powder, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, pepper, & paprika-you can use whatever you like or have on hand)


Then I added some frozen broccoli


I let this all cook down until tender and boiled 2oz of rigatoni while I waited.

Next came 3/4 cup of jarred spaghetti sauce and 1 link of chicken Italian sausage thinly sliced.
(I used sausage flavored w/ pesto and HIGHLY recommend it, plus it's only 3 pts+ per link!!)


Once everything is hot...toss with your pasta, sprinkle generously with Parmesan cheese and serve!



This makes a HUGE portion (I couldn't eat it all!!), tastes great, and can be altered to use ingredients that you already have in the house! And if you are wondering... the WHOLE meal is only 13pts+, which of course might change depending on what you use!!

ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?? Share it here!!