Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Budget madness...

So I'm no extremist when it comes to budgeting and couponing but I love to save money.  I must admit, seeing people with huge stockpiles of goodies that they have gotten super cheap or free evokes such a feeling of jealousy in me that I always vow to run out and buy 8 Sunday papers and coupon like my life depends on it.  Needless to say this never happens and I am left with only my dreams of free paper towels for life.  I mean I've been known to snag some pretty good deals like 17 cent conditioner and 4 dollar packs of diapers but I know I need to do more esp with the reality looming that Mr. M & I need to get on a serious budget.  We really want to pay down on the debt that we are currently in (think a mortgage and 3 student loans!!) and I know realistically that sacrificing is the only way that we are going to achieve our financial goals.

I've heard great things about Dave Ramsey so I'm interested in learning more about his methods (we used the envelope system before and it really did work) but while I want and need to buckle down...I want it to be fun/exciting as well.  I want to feel the rush of couponing...I want to pay damn near nothing for the things that we need (I just realized how corny that sounds lol--but to other couponers out there---you know what I'm talking about) I want to be like those people that I see who make the system work for them and reap the rewards! I want to save! lol (I am fist pumping victoriously as I type this)

So with all that being said...I am now making it my goal to make an effort when it comes to saving money.  And while I know I wont be able to get everything that we need at a discount, I'm gonna try my best to do it and of course I'll be sharing all of my finds and savings with you.

Today at lunch I plan on going to CVS.  I've mapped out my plan and I've got my coupons ready.  I'm hoping that everything I want is in stock (or I'll be pissed disappointed) and I should be able to snag some REALLY good deals. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?? Share it here!!