Thursday, April 4, 2013

Success

So I am pleased to announce that yesterday's CVS trip was a MAJOR success!! I truly felt like a couponing champ....my list was prepared, my coupons were clipped and attached (I have a really bad habit of taking my coupons to the store and forgetting to use them) and all of my items were in stock!!!

In the end I got about $50 worth of items that I actually needed (and a couple that I wanted ☺) for only $17.59!!!! PLUS with the ibotta app that I just downloaded, I'll be getting back a refund of $1.25. SOOOO not bad for a beginner and I'm really proud of myself.

In case you don't know... ibotta is an app that pays you back for making certain purchases and then uploading your receipts. While some of the offers are enticing...I'm vowing only to use it on things I was already planning on purchasing as opposed to making an impulse buy simply because I can get 50 cents back.

My Haul.
 
3 jumbo packs of Pampers diapers (gotta stock up at this price) $9.50 each ($28.50)
2 packs carefree liners $3.99 each ($7.98)
Clear men's shampoo $4.99
Dawn dish detergent $.99
2 spoiled brand nail polishes $1.99 each ($3.98)
2 NYC brand nail polished $.99 bogo 50% off ($1.48)
 
Total paid (including tax) $17.59
 
YAY.
 
 
This couponing thing really works, sure it takes some time but its so worth it.  I just hope I can keep it up..I'm already working on this weekend's grocery shopping trip.  Hopefully I make out just as good....I love food but I love cheap food even more!! lol
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?? Share it here!!