Thursday, April 11, 2013

I just don't know!

So I have been struggling with the idea of going back to Weight Watchers. I know for a fact that the plan works (I lost 50 pounds in the past) but ever since they've changed the way that it works, I don't know what happened... it just threw me off.  It just stopped working for me.  Even when I felt like I followed the plan to a T, I just didn't have the results that I had on Momentum.  I loved being an online member, being able to track things online and have the "plan" with me at all times was just the thing that I needed...but now that Momentum is a thing of the past, I just don't know if I'm willing to try the online program again. 
 
When word got out that WW was re-vamping....in a frenzied panic I hit up EBAY for all of the tools that I would need to keep going on my own (mainly a food and dining out companion book) but even with those, I still couldn't do it.  Its like having to track on paper is so much harder than clicking on a hyper link and being done with it.  This process requires time and dedication and responsibility and determination and accountability and all of these other big nice sounding words that I know I have in me, but just cant seem to find at the moment.  But I need to, I HAVE to. After I had the baby, the weight came off like crazy (I'm talking 24 pounds in two weeks) but now that things have sort of evened out with nursing and my crazy pregnancy hormones, my weight loss has slowed considerably and is even starting to go in the wrong direction.  Blame it on the hormones, but I really have to blame it on the mass of hoagies, fried chicken, and buffet dinners that I have consumed as if they were going out of style!
 
So now back to my struggle, I know I need to do something but what do I want to do??  Do I want to try AGAIN for the 1000th time to follow the old momentum plan on my own...calculate and track my points on paper? Try the new Weight Watchers plan online (which also requires me to pay a monthly fee-that I don't really WANT to pay)? Or try and I mean REALLY REALLY try to just do better and make a conscious effort to pay attention to what and how much I eat? I also know that somewhere in there I need to throw in some exercise...which honestly is a bit hard to do with a newborn at home. Although now that the weather is cooperating, I see a bunch of long walks in our future.
 
So what to do? What to do? Any ideas? Suggestions? Tips? Advice? How do I keep myself accountable when its just so easy to slip up? And who's to say that even if I hit some dream/goal weight that I'll even be happy there? I guess it must start with me being happy with where I am first right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?? Share it here!!